RL Summer programs take place on The Roxbury Latin School campus, situated on 117 acres in the West Roxbury neighborhood of Boston.
Athletes will practice and play on:
- Eight outdoor playing fields, both grass and turf, including the new O’Keeffe Field (football and lacrosse), Chauncey Diamond (baseball) and Centre Street Field (soccer)
- Two indoor basketball courts, the McNay Palaistra, and the indoor turf field in the Indoor Athletic Facility
For sports performance training, campers will utilize RL’s state-of-the-art fitness center in the Indoor Athletic Facility.
Budding artists and inventors will craft and perform in spaces ripe for creativity:
- The Evans Choral Room, home to RL’s Glee Club and other singing groups, has technological capabilities to support audio, visual and recording needs.
- The Smith Theater, with seating for 300, is the main stage for RL Summer drama programs.
- Invention, Design, Engineering, and Art (IDEA) Lab is a makerspace and hub for collaboration and innovation. It provides the spaces (flexible and specific-use) and tools (digital, traditional, and digital fabrication) for creativity and learning.
- A comprehensive wood shop features both hand and power tools.
RL Summer academic programs—centered in science labs and around Harkness tables—take place in classrooms throughout campus.
Young people interested in exploring their natural surroundings will enjoy the undeveloped, wooded trails that stretch through the southeastern side of campus.
What do parents say?
“The beautiful baseball field, IAF and gym made my son feel he was at a big college! The staff also made him feel very special.”